Endodontic Treatment / Root Canals in Brighton, NY
Years ago, a badly infected tooth, or one that just had significant decay or suffered a minor fracture, was doomed to be extracted. With modern technologies, many of these teeth can be salvaged with minimum discomfort to the patient.
When a tooth becomes infected, the inside pulp (nerve) must be removed or the surrounding tissue may also become infected and we may be unable to preserve the tooth.
After root canal therapy has been completed, a crown may be placed over the tooth in order to protect the underlying tooth structure. Learn more at our Brighton dental practice.
After root canal therapy has been completed a crown may be placed over the tooth. With the proper restoration, the treated tooth could potentially last as long as your natural teeth.
Possible indications for root canal therapy may include:
- Spontaneous pain or throbbing when biting
- Change of tooth color (darkening)
- Lingering sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Noticeable facial swelling
- Abscess- infection
- The easiest way to avoid a painful emergency situation is early detection. Please contact our office as soon as possible if you experience any of the above symptoms.
Call The Office
2384 Monroe Avenue Rochester, NY 14618