Your First Visit to Edgeview Dental
Your initial appointment in our office is an assessment with our hygiene department. It will consist of a comprehensive examination, x-rays, and a review of your treatment options. Please do not anticipate that you will receive a dental “cleaning” at your first appointment, as we customize your treatment to your specific needs and wishes. As such, a complex medical history or treatment plan requires a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Expect your first visit with us to last 90 minutes. A full evaluation of your gums, teeth, and medical history will be reviewed–including but not limited to:
- A full series of x-rays (Unless a recent one is available from your previous dentist and can be obtained prior to your visit.)
- full-mouth periodontal charting
- full-mouth clinical charting
After this information is gathered, you will be scheduled for the appropriate type of hygiene appointment, and any further treatment planning that may need to be done with the doctor and your treatment coordinator.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Any x-rays taken by a previous dentist, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
Call The Office
2384 Monroe Avenue Rochester, NY 14618